Sunday, April 26, 2009

One of the Best Hamburgers I have Ever had, Taxis Hamburgers

One of the popular hamburger diners in Northern California is Taxi’s Hamburgers. I had the opportunity to experience the rave at one of their six diners in northern California at the Modesto location.

Upon seeing their menu, I was impressed at the variety of the menu. From fresh ground beef patties to turkey patties to pastrami burgers, and of course, chicken breast. There are is no shortage of options for their burgers either. Another notable optional burger is the garden burger for the more healthy conscience eater.

Taxi Hamburgers not only serves hamburgers, but they also specialize in hotdogs, pulled Cuban style pork sandwiches, fish sandwiches, tuna melts, and their famous baked potatoes with over 20 toppings available including the grilled chicken breast potato, the homemade chili potato, and the sautéed mushroom potato. Sounds good, huh? It’s making me hungry.

I wanted to try it all, but unfortunately, I was only in Modesto a short time. I ordered the mushroom burger with onion rings. I have to say, this was a most satisfying hamburger. It came with a thick 1/3 pound patty with sautéed mushrooms and Monterey Jack cheese and natural cut french fries. I didn’t see it as an option, but Taxi’s Hamburgers offers garlic fries, seasoned curly fries, and chili fries.

The basket of food was so much, I couldn’t finish it. My only complaint is the burger was quite greasy and messy, but a good messy. My recommendation is use lots of napkins. Bring a handy wipe if possible. Overall, my experience at Taxi’s Hamburgers was satisfactory.


If you’re in the Bay Area, and you are in the mood for a not so ordinary hamburger, come to Taxi’s Hamburgers for a juicy, fulfilling burger. And, bring your appetite.

No comments: