Monday, April 13, 2009

Get Rid of that Old Wallet

For reasons unknown, guys are often than not are attached to their old wallets. Many will brag about how long they’ve owned theirs. In reality, no one cares how long you’ve had your wallet.

My word of advice, no matter how old your wallet is and how attached you are to that wallet, get rid of it. If you insist on keeping an old wallet, make sure there are no rips or tears in it, because after four long days, I realized my drivers license and student ID cards were missing. With identity theft at an all time high, losing my drivers license was not something I am prepared to deal with.

I didn’t realize it was gone until Sunday evening. I had a sudden panic attack when I was trying to purchase a bottle of wine at Stater Bros. Luckily, the attendant didn’t card me and I purchased my bottle of wine.

I went home to go look. I thought, well it could have fallen into my cargo pocket from yesterday, since the pockets are pretty loose and it could have slipped out there. No such luck. So, I searched my entire laundry basket, and then my car. Not there either.

By then, I was beginning to really panic. So, I back-tracked every place to the last known place I had gone to the first time I remembered seeing my cards, which happened to be Thursday of last week.

I called the gas station, which the very last place I had gone to. Not there. So, there began my journey of phone calls. I called Regal Cinema, Gamestop, California Comic’s, Barns and Nobles, and Incredible John’s. Finally, I got to the last place on my list. It was Miki’s Japanese Restaurant. At last, it was found! It was the final place where I knew I had it.

This restaurant was apart of one of my latest restaurant reviews this past weekend and it was a good review at that. The guy who answered the phone was really nice. To ensure that he sent me my cards, I told him I had written a nice review of the restaurant on my blog. Hopefully, it was a good enough review that he wouldn’t forget to mail my identification cards to me.

Lesson learned I suppose. As soon as I get my id's back, I'm going shopping for a new wallet.

No comments: