Thursday, March 5, 2009

My American Idol, Season 8 Beef


So, tonight is the Wild Card show and last night the final 8 contestants that weren’t voted in by America were selected by the judges; Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell. 3 of the 8 will go on to fill in the remaining positions to offically begin the Top 12, which begins next Wednesday.

One person that is performing on the Wild Card show tonight is Tatiana Del Torro. She is a little crazy, but she definitely deserves to be in the top 12, because she can sing. She has a beautiful voice.
When I vote, I look at talent versus personality, popularity, or demographics. I think that’s the flaw in American Idol in the way people vote. Contestants like Michael Sarver, Jorge Nunez, Anoop Desai, Scott McIntyre are just ok performers, and it seems that they are voted in because of who they represent. Another contributing factor that sways America’s votes is their personal story coming in, not solely that they deserve to be in the top 12. It’s upsetting how this has become a popularity contest over true talent. I think Scott was voted in, because of his disability and his likable personality. Don't get me wrong, he IS good, but not top 12 good. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 3 (Michael, Jorge, and Scott) wins. If that happens, I'll still watch, but I won't be happy about it.

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for tonights episode of American Idol, Thursday (tonight) on Fox at 6pm (Eastern) and 8pm (Pacific)

No comments: