Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Amiss, Adjourn, Anew

Amiss for the past and adjourn from the old to the anew.

...at least it is for me.

I'd like for formally introduce myself; my name is Mikey Jayy. I am a student of Mt. Sac. in Walnut, CA. After working in the field as a freelance writer as a hobby, I realized that's all it can be - a hobby. There is almost no way to advance a career in any part of this field without a degree.

Aside from writing as a hobby, I was previously working in the Real Estate business and of course, the industry turned into what it is today - a national catastrophic mess. When I thought it could not get any worse for myself, I found myself out of work. Being the optimist that I am, I saw this as an opportunity to pursue an education in something I truly enjoyed - Journalism.

Even though I came to Mt. SAC with some back ground experience as a writer, I am still by far a novice writer. I have always believed that there is room for improvement in any field. One of my other dreams is to one day write a novel and become published. I've been working on a book for almost 2 years now, but I am perplexed on how to continue. My shortfall is my lack of creativity. My ideas are great, but putting words into a captivating manner to hold the reader into wanting to continue to read is a tougher task than I had ever imagined. I am positive that my time here at Mt. Sac will help improve my writing skills which will catapult my career into something greater.

So, please follow my articles and feel free to give me feedback. If I lack a discriptive detail in any of my writings, please let me know, and give me ideas for my next piece.

Thanks,

Mj

No comments: